Thursday, February 7, 2008

February 5th



Here are some images that I shot on February 5th in Kenwood Park for my new project Plateau. More snow is on it's way which is really good for me and the project I am working on but unfortunately I am sick and will be taking a break this weekend from shooting.

I have been worrying that spring will get here before I am done shooting. Someone told me that the best snow is in March. I hope so. I need a really good snow.

I was not expecting that a solid block of ice would be under the new snow. Climbing the hills in the park was a challenge. I used my tripod like a walking stick to get up the hill. Walking around I felt like I was drunk because I kept stumbling on the holes created by people's foot prints that were frozen underneath snow. A good layer of new snow would fix this.

That's it for today.

Plateau Sponsorhip
“Kimberlee Whaley is a fiscal year 2008 recipient of an Artist Initiative Grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board. This activity is made possible in part by a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board, through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature and by a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.”

No comments: